A. Applicants of Registration
1. Click “Application for Registration” on the left of the front page.
2. Read the “Notes to Applicants” and click “Start Application Procedures”.
3. Create your own username and password and click “Confirm”.
4. Complete the required information in the application form for registration and upload documentary proof.
5. Click “Submit” and a copy of the application form will be shown on the page and please save the page for record purpose.
6. Applicant shall submit the original copy of statutory declaration and the prescribed registration fee in a crossed cheque payable to “Social Workers Registration Board” within 10 working days after the submission of online application form; otherwise the application will be deemed as withdrawn without further notice.
7. In normal circumstances, upon approval by the Board, the Board Office will send, usually within 7 working days, by ordinary post to the applicant’s registered address, an approval letter, a Certificate of Registration and a Registration Card.
B. Registered Social Workers
1. First login
a. A user’s HKID number is assigned as his/her username for the first login. For example, if a user’s HKID is A123456(8), his/her username will be A1234568.
b. The password is a 6-dight number randomly set by the Board.
c. By logging in the system and clicking “Agree”, users agree to accept and are bound to comply with the terms and conditions
2. Application for Renewal of Registration and Payment of Renewal Registration Fee
a. Log in and click “Renewal for Registration”.
b. Complete the information in renewal form and upload necessary documentary proof, if any, and choose the method of paying renewal registration fee. Click "Submit".
c. The fee can be paid by/via:
i. credit card online payment; or
ii. PPS (when making first payment, please register via PPS and merchant code of the Board is “9329”, bill a/c no. = registration no.); or
iii. cash payment at 7-Eleven Stores (use the QR Code on the reminder letter); or
iv. Crossed cheque payable to: Social Workers Registration Board.
d. Unless both the completed renewal application form and the renewal fee reach the Board Office within the period specified in the “Notice of Intention to Remove Name from the Register” reminder letter, the renewal application will not be processed.
e. If the renewal application, with both the renewal form and fee, is submitted in time, upon approval by the Board, the Board Office will send the new registration card and receipt, usually within seven working days, by ordinary post to your registered address.
f. If applicants have notified the Board online of any changes in their personal particulars, the online registration record will be updated in about three working days after verification.
g. Applicants are required to upload or later submit by other means the pertinent documentary proof for changing the record of their highest social work qualification for registration.
h. A copy of the application form will be shown on the page and please save the page for record purpose.
3. Notification of Changes in Personal Particulars
a. Log in and click “View/Update personal particulars ”.
b. Update the personal particulars and upload documentary proof, if any, and click “Submit”.
c. Users are required to upload or later submit by other means the pertinent documentary proof for changing the record of their highest social work qualification for registration.
d. Any changes in personal particulars will be uploaded to online record in about three working days.
e. A copy of the application form will be shown on the page and applicants may save this page for record.
4. Notification of Charges and/or Convictions
a. Log in and click “Notification of Charges and/or Convictions”.
b. Input details and click “Confirm” .
c. Users are required to upload or later submit by other means pertinent details and documentary proof.
5. Uploading Tools
a. Users may use the upload tools to upload documentary proofs if they did not upload such documents at the time of submitting online applications or notifications.
b. Log in and click “Upload documentary proof”.
c. Click “browse” to select the files to be uploaded.
d. Click “Start upload” after selecting the files.
e. The system is compatible with file format of image (jpg, gif, tif, bmp), PDF and Microsoft Office.
6. User Settings
a. Users may change their username and password at any time.
b. After logging in, click “User Settings”
c. Key in a new username and/or password and click “Confirm”.